The Equatoria Community Organisation in the United Kingdom (ECO-UK) was established in 2014 by the UK’s Equatoria Diaspora Community in response to the deteriorating political and security situation in South Sudan.
ECO-UK advocates for a peaceful and prosperous South Sudan, built on equality, respect for the rule of law and a commitment to sustainable development.
ECO-UK maintains regular contact with smaller Equatorian communities throughout mainland Europe. We also collaborate closely with Equatoria community organisations in the USA, Canada and Australia.
- A peaceful, prosperous South Sudan built on equality, justice, liberty, respect for the rule of law and commitment to sustainable development;
- Democracy rooted in local tradition, driven by citizen participation;
- An accountable, transparent and inclusive federal government that celebrates diversity, and values every community;
- A strong, united, peaceful, and proud Equatoria defending the democratic principles of South Sudan.
- To promote the social and political interests of Equatoria;
- To realise a peaceful and a united Federal Republic of South Sudan that celebrates its diversity and values every community.
ECO-UK: Advocating for a peaceful, prosperous South Sudan built on equality, respect for the rule of law and a commitment to sustainable development.